The AEMC is pleased to announce the appointment of Reliability Panel (Panel) members after a number of Panel members’ terms expired on 31 December 2013.
Following an appointment process under clause 8.8.2 of the National Electricity Rules, which included a selection and voting process for a market customer representative and a distribution network service provider representative, the appointed Panel members are:
- Trevor Armstrong, Chief Operating Officer, Ausgrid, representing distribution network service providers (reappointment);
- Gavin Dufty, Manager Policy and Research, St Vincent de Paul Society, representing end use customers (new appointment);
- Mark Grenning, Chief Advisor Energy, Rio Tinto (reappointment);
- Chris Murphy, Manager Regulatory and Commercial, Meridian Energy (reappointment);
- Nick Sankey, Head of Utilities Energy and Renewables, Commonwealth Bank (reappointment); and
- Richard Wrightson, General Manager Energy Portfolio Management, AGL Energy, representing market customers (new appointment).
Mr Neville Henderson, the AEMC Commissioner and Reliability Panel Chairman, congratulates the appointed Panel members and looks forward to their participation in the Panel’s work.
The Reliability Panel Chairman would also like to thank retiring Panel members, Mr Andrew Nance and Mr Tim O’Grady, for their contributions to the Panel’s work over the past three years.