Rule Change: Open
On 5 October 2018 the AEMC received a rule change request from the COAG Energy Council based on recommendations in the AEMC’s recent review into the scope of economic regulation applied to covered pipelines. The recommendations are designed to help gas pipeline users negotiate lower prices and better deals.
Key aspects of the rule change request cover:
- updating extension and expansion requirements
- describing reference and pipeline services and introducing a new reference service setting process
- improving the access arrangement process
- clarifying provisions relating to the calculation of efficient costs
- providing users with better, more comprehensive information.
Fast track rule change process
As the rule change request is based on recommendations made by the AEMC in its recent review, the AEMC has progressed this rule change request under a fast track process.
Draft rule determination
On 6 December 2018 the Commission published a draft rule determination. The Commission is seeking stakeholder submissions on the draft rule and transitional arrangements. Submissions are due by 31 January 2019.
- Rule change request initiated – 1 November 2018
- Publication of the draft rule determination and draft rule– 6 December 2018
- Submissions on the draft rule determinations due – 31 January 2019 (8 weeks)
- Publication of the final rule determination and final rule – March 2019
|APA Group - 20190131.PDF||ATCO - 20190131.PDF|
|AusNet Services - 20190130.PDF||Australian Gas Infrastructure Group - 20190131.PDF|
|Australian Pipelines and Gas Association - 20190131.PDF||Jemena - 20190131.PDF|