Rule Change: Open
This rule change request from ERM Power seeks a number of amendments to the Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy (MT PASA) to improve transparency and accuracy, and extend the projected outlook of MT PASA from two to three years.
The MT PASA is a forecasting exercise that assesses the adequacy of electricity supply to meet demand across a two-year horizon. It includes regular probabilistic assessments of whether the reliability standard is projected to be met.
On 18 July 2019 the AEMC published a consultation paper seeking stakeholders’ views on the proposed changes to the MT PASA, in particular:
- introducing data on individual generator availability
- introducing an additional demand forecast
- increasing the frequency of demand forecast updates
- simplifying the format of published demand
- including more information about forced (unplanned) outage rates
- including committed generation
- extending the outlook to three years.
Stakeholders are encouraged to respond with their views on the issues raised, and the costs and benefits of the proposed changes. Stakeholders have four weeks to respond, with submissions due by 15 August 2019.
Background and consolidation of related rule changes
On 31 March 2019 ERM Power submitted two rule change requests:
- Improving MT PASA transparency and accuracy
- Extension of MT PASA duration.
Both these rule change requests seek to make amendments to the MT PASA. As a result, they have been consolidated into one rule change request.View less