Generators and Transmission Network Services Providers (TNSPs) are reminded to submit their completed approval forms to the AEMC by no later than Friday 30 October 2015 for the purpose of facilitating the appointment of their new representatives on the Reliability Panel.
The AEMC issued approval forms to Generators and TNSPs on 8 October 2015. If you have not received an approval form and are an eligible Generator or TNSP Registered Participant, please contact email@example.com.
The Reliability Panel is established by the AEMC. Its core functions relate to the safety, security and reliability of the national electricity system. Its work program is driven by specific but critical responsibilities set out in the National Electricity Rules (Rules).
It makes a number of technical standards and guidelines, as well as undertaking reviews and providing advice on matters relating to power system security and reliability of supply.
The membership requirements of the Reliability Panel are set out in the Rules. The membership of the Panel must consist of:
- a Commissioner of the AEMC appointed to act as Chairperson of the Panel;
- the Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Energy Market Operator or its delegate; and
- at least five but not more than eight other persons appointed by the AEMC for a period of up to three years, such persons to include:
- a person representing Generators;
- a person representing Market Customers;
- a person representing Transmission Network Service Providers;
- a person representing Distribution Network Service Providers; and
- a person representing the interests of end use customers for electricity.
The terms of the current Generator and TNSP representatives on the Reliability Panel will expire on 17 December 2015.
As set out in the Rules, a nominee representing a category is required to receive approval of a third of their category of Registered Participant before the AEMC can appoint that nominee to the Reliability Panel.
For more information, contact:
Senior Director: Anne Pearson, 02 8296 7800
Adviser: Alex Fattal, 02 8296 7800
Media: Communications Manager: Prudence Anderson, 02 8296 7800