Market Review: Completed
On 15 June 2018 the AEMC released its fifth annual review of retail energy competition in the national electricity market.
This report looks at:
- the state of retail competition
- outcomes for residential, and small and medium business consumers
- what needs to happen to enhance and improve outcomes in the future.
To consider the overall effectiveness of competition in retail energy markets, the review applies a range of market measures and indicators against a structure-conduct-performance framework.
In summary the report has found that:
- competition continues to develop
- consumer satisfaction and confidence in the energy market are down following wholesale energy price rises from 1 July 2017.
- discounting remains the predominant way of competing
- consumers are taking matters into their own hands and adopting new technology.
The AEMC has launched a microsite to assist in navigating the annual report.
AEMC Director, Michael Bradley (02) 8296 7868 or Michael.Bradley@aemc.gov.au
AEMC Advisor, Prabpreet Calais (02) 8296 0605 or Prabpreet.Calais@aemc.gov.au
|Final Report.pdf||National information sheet.PDF|
|National media release.PDF||Small business media release.PDF|
|Data from the 2018 Retail Energy Competition Review report.xlsx||Data from the 2018 Retail Energy Competition Review appendices.xlsx|