The AEMC is currently considering three rule change requests seeking to improve the functioning of the Victorian declared wholesale gas market.
The rule change requests propose the following changes:
- introduce a simpler wholesale gas price for the DWGM in Victoria (DWGM simpler wholesale price)
- establish a forward trading exchange which will make it easier for buyers and sellers to trade gas and lock in a future price in the Victorian gas market (DWGM forward trading market)
- improve the allocation and trading of pipeline capacity rights (DWGM improvement to AMDQ regime).
The Commission published three consultation papers on 14 March 2019. Submissions closed on 26 April 2019.
The AEMC is holding a public workshop to gain additional feedback from stakeholders on:
- issues raised in the consultation papers and stakeholders’ written submissions
- the high level design for the implementation of each rule change request (if a rule is made).
Date: 16 May 2019
Time: Registration opens at 9:30am for a 10:00am start. The workshop will conclude at 4:00pm (lunch provided)
Location: Rydges Melbourne, 186 Exhibition St, Melbourne
An agenda will be circulated to registered attendees prior to the workshop.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna Klappas at email@example.com or on (02) 8296 0604.