The Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) is an independent, national body responsible to the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) through the COAG Energy Council. The AEMC makes and amend the national electricity, gas and energy retail rules and conducts independent reviews for the COAG Energy Council.
The AEMC seeks to establish a panel of providers to provide advice and assistance in relation to:
the economic, regulatory, financial and technical analysis of the following areas:
- wholesale electricity markets;
- wholesale electricity spot and derivatives markets
- wholesale gas markets;
- wholesale gas spot and derivatives markets
- electricity transmission and distribution networks;
- gas transmission and distribution pipelines;
- energy retail markets;
- energy reliability and security matters;
- technology relating to energy markets and networks;
- emissions reduction mechanisms; and
- consumer engagement and behaviour in energy markets.
- the implementation of strategic communication programmes.
Organisations and/or sole traders with demonstrated expertise in one or more of these fields are invited to access the tender documentation on the AEMC website www.aemc.gov.au. All notices and addenda that may relate to the tender will also be posted on the website.
Tenders close at 2:00 pm Friday, 4 December 2015 and must be submitted in accordance with the requirements stated in the RFT.