The AEMC's focus on culture is critical to ensure that the AEMC can attract and retain people with the right skills - recognising that these skills are highly valued in employment markets. The AEMC has invested in a structured program to build a strong culture which recognises and values the contribution of our people to our mission.
The AEMC continues the task of building in-house capabilities to support our highly skilled people. Growing the capability of our people is high on our list of organisational strategies.
Learning and Development
The AEMC is committed to developing our people through training and development aligned to organisational goals, business direction, career satisfaction and personal growth.
We encourage a culture which is collaborative and inclusive. A key feature of this is active staff involvement in how the organisation operates.
Development, which is a personal responsibility of each member of staff, is supported by objective one-on-one feedback and review, coaching/mentoring by other members of staff and meaningful development, job and career opportunities.
Code of Conduct
The AEMC has adopted a Code of Conduct that sets out its commitment to fairness, honesty, impartiality and integrity in its dealings with all stakeholders. The objectives of the Code of Conduct are to ensure:
- A working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment;
- All business actions and decisions are based on the highest standards of ethics and honesty, free from any conflicts of interest and free from any pecuniary interest;
- Any benefits or gifts obtained while performing duties for the AEMC are treated in accordance with the AEMC Code of Conduct Procedures;
- All information in the possession of the AEMC is protected and safeguarded and AEMC resources are used efficiently and economically;
- Any instances of possible breaches of governance processes, corruption, or serious and substantial waste are reported to the appropriate AEMC Officer;
- Where employees engage in other employment or business, it does not compromise or conflict with their employment with the AEMC.
Occupational health and safety
We consider the health, safety and welfare of our employees, contractors and visitors to be of primary importance, and the AEMC is committed to preventing all occupational injuries and illnesses, and to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.